Friday 20 July 2007

Art in Action- The Sublime and the Funky

This pot is by Tim Gee. He said these particular pots were inspired by mountains rising out of the mist. For me they are like beautiful cloud formations. The calm quiet me loves this. It's simplicity belies it's sophistication. Tim uses a type of shellac as a resist. Read about how in the technical area on his website.
Zen and the art of porcelain....

And opposite where Tim was working were these! Funk soul colour. The child in me loves these.

I want one for my kitchen. Richard Godfrey is the creator of these fabulous pots.
I can imagine Melody Johnson having shelves full of these.

2 comments:

  1. YOu are sooooo right! That is a fabulous pot! I love the bowls above too. Marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post with the link to Tim Gee. I am crazy for his ceramics - I've contact him to see how I can get a piece.

    ReplyDelete