Friday 17 August 2007

More on the FOQ 2007

This is Peace #3 which go the Amateur and the 3rd place in category awards.

My winnings were quickly spent on Heide Stoll Weber's stand.

Phillippa Naylor had the most stunning quilt of the show in my eyes. It's number 259 named 'Star Sign' if you use your viewer's vote do it on this quilt as it was only awarded a judges choice. It will go on to do well in the rest of the world, but for it not to gain more recognition here in her own country is unbeleivable. If I see her here I shall ask her permission to put a photo up for you to see.

3 comments:

  1. I love this piece. I love the color. What a clever idea for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this yesterday, It's even more stunning in real life than in the photo. I kept being drawn back to it time and again.

    ReplyDelete