Saturday 15 September 2007

Unaccustomed as I am

to public speaking, I've been asked to show my quilts and give a talk to a quilt group.
I talked with the person who approached me and the numbers were not expected to be large and all I have to do is show my quilts and talk about them. I agreed.
I then spoke to another member who laughed when I told her the number to expect, she thought it would be double (gulp).
I can do this
I can do this
I can do this
And I have until next year to work up to it.

4 comments:

  1. You will find that when talking about your own quilts and yourself that it will just flow out of you. Finding the right sentence to open the program with is the hardest part. I was a shy child and I spent years doing guild programs with no problem. If I could do it so can you.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing my first talk next Saturday. I try not to think about it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the scariest thing I have ever done, but also a lot of fun and really exhilarating. You will love it (after at least).

    ReplyDelete