Wednesday 26 December 2007

I never want to eat again


It seems like a good idea at the time but all this food doesn't make you feel good does it? Today we're heading out (shopping) but at least we'll be away from temptation for most of the day. Tonight is simple fare of jacket potato, salad and turkey (don't fancy cold goose at all).
I'm getting used to my giant screen (or it seems like a giant after my last one). I wonder why the header on my blog is no longer centralised on the photo. It still looks the same on the laptops.
The cutting away of the trapunto on the diamond grid is coming along slowly. There is no rush as I can't pin it up and my dear friend Pauline doesn't have a minute to spare until next year when she (with a little help from me lying down) can pin it for quilting. If you click on the photo, the marks where Sinclair has climbed all over it with his wet paws shows up. Never mind, it will all come out in the wash. My hands are developing blisters and getting quite tender. I had vague memories of this and then remembered how hands used to hurt in the days before rotary cutters. Where would we be without them?

5 comments:

  1. My goodness that looks like painstaking work. It will be well worth it though...it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you getting a new pc - mine's on it's last legs but I don't want to get anything with Vista. I notice that the header looks different on your screen - on mine it's just the r and e off the photo.

    Good luck with your shopping - it looks as if the crowds are out yet again according to the news reports!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great going on the trapunto! And no, all all that eating doesn't make one feel to very good...My tummy is really rebelling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally....your quilt top is coming along nicely. Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes a difference how the resolution is set for the computer screen. My header looks different on my laptop than on my desk model because they are at different #'s. My desk one is 1024x768 pixels and that isn't even an option on the laptop.

    ReplyDelete