Sunday 6 January 2008

My reproduction stash

Did I get the centre block done for a roosting robin quilt today? Of course not. I decided to use my reproduction stash and realized they were not in any chronological order. And I also remembered in the early days of this collection I'd added fabrics which just 'looked' repro. A morning was spent online getting dates for Jane Austin, civil war, various museum quilts, etc. Then I decided that it could be a 1900 reproduction quilt made as though it had a scrap bag going back 100 years. Phew, this means I can use all of them. Or can I? If any of you spot fabrics which really shouldn't be in this collection please let me know.
The one fabric which really jars my eye is the fabric on the extreme left in photo 7 but on the selvedge, it clearly says Jane Austin. I went to see the Jane Austin Quilt last summer and I can't remember anything like this in the quilt. Nor can I find it in any of my photos.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

2 comments:

  1. oh my BEAUTIFUL collection of repro's you have...just happen to be my favorites.
    they all look good and I love your idea of any repro from the 1800's works in the quilt...
    usually my thoughts as well!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's quite an impressive collection of reproductions you have! Just looking at them makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete