Tuesday 22 January 2008

Yesterday's feathers

These ones are all done in a 6" square.
The first one is couched thread using the Bernina freemotion couching foot.
This one is a pale green YLI Ultrasheen (btw I've heard YLI are discontinuing this thread)

So is this in a variegated version.


And this one has dayglo orange Madeira Polyneon as the feather and red Ultrasheen as the hyperquilting and the two rows of outlining. This one is not a free style Patsy Thompson feather but one I drew onto the fabric and then hyperquilted.
I've fallen in love with the white Clover pens which iron out.
I did a couple more of my own feathers but I'll show you those tomorrow as I'll be spending all day decorating. I might have to watch paint dry but you don't.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful. I love your blog, & all the lovely pics! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the fluidity of that variegated one - Sally you are soooo clever!!!

    ReplyDelete