Tuesday 18 March 2008

The cutting away is done.

We went out on Sunday night for a posh meal so I didn't start cutting away the batting until last night and finished it this afternoon. It doesn't look very elegant at the moment does it? More like some creature from the deep.
The more I handled this batting the less I liked it. It has been like handling fine steel wool. I threw the excess on the fire and it smelt revolting. Worse than that it melted onto the logs and kept alight for about ten minutes. Imagine that was on your bed in a fire. I always throw the scraps of my batting onto the fire if one is lit. This one behaved differently.

1 comment:

  1. I only use Wool or cotton batting these days, after many years of using dacron or polyester. More expensive yes, but so much betetr to work with.

    ReplyDelete