Monday 25 August 2008

Heide's quilt update

Yesterday I finished the circles and they took all day.
Today I've got 3/4s of the background done but have run into a little problem with the pale blue thread. It's too pale for the background and looks very nearly white, so I'll have to wait a few days for some darker to arrive. It's a holiday here so I can't order until tomorrow.
I'm having fun playing with the background stitching. I suppose I could start on the fireworks whilst waiting for the light turquoise thread.

6 comments:

  1. yummy yummy yummy -- who needs dinner with this feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally.....it is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your feathers. I am still marking mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, I would be interested in what wadding you are using?

    Do you use the same wadding for everything or do you change depending on what you are quilting?

    Thanks
    Elma in Lochwinnoch

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning! The fabric was quite striking to begin with, but your quilting has just transformed it into something truly magnificent! All I can say is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is so freaking awesome! I can't tell you how beautiful I think it is! And thank you so much for telling us how to do it. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

    ReplyDelete