Thursday 4 June 2009

Remember that wholecloth?

The one with the diamond fill in between the central motif and the borders. Remember how I was going to trapunto alternate diamonds but when I worked my way round the alternates didn't match? Well after putting it away again and the third attempt also failed. I released all the trapuntoed diamonds by going over very carefully the water soluble thread with an auto paint brush loaded with water. Oh what joy, not! I can tell you it's much much easier to unpick normal thread. Still it's done now and I shall do something entirely different in this area. Perhaps more feathers. There was a time when I believed the adage out there in the quilting world, the eye should have somewhere to rest. I've been looking at the older wholecloths and it's become obvious these women had never heard of this and their quilts are wonderful, so feathers it is then.....

3 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about this quilt. What a pain to release all of that trapunto! It's worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this quilt...glad you found the resolution to the problem and the paticences to tackle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My motto allways
    When in doubt feather.
    esther

    ReplyDelete