Thursday 20 May 2010

Malvern, Quilts UK

Just thought I'd show you a couple of my favourite quilts from Quilts UK at Malvern.
This first one is by Mareen Crawford. It was entered in the theme category, All the Colours of the Rainbow. I can only surmise why this quilt doesn't have a ribbon on it, and surely it can only be because it doesn't have all the colours in it. It's a super quilt, fabulous use of ombre fabrics and very nicely quilted. I think it's very clever.

Of course this next one does have ribbons and judges choices. It's one I would have dearly liked to have taken home. It's by Ferret who gave us sneak previews on her blog.


It's simply wonderful. And it's named, Greek Fossils.


My ribbons.


My purchases. Going round clockwise from the top left. A printed organza for a floppy duster jacket, a digitally printed cotton either for another jacket or perhaps some wild pj bottoms to wear in the garden, the red fabric is my only quilting fabric and the white print is a tana lawn for a couple of very lightweight night dresses. (Why can't the shops understand, I only want 100% cotton nightwear in summer?)







2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have just been checking your blog...I am in awe of your work. could you let me know how you get your colours on the fabric...and I presume your draft all your designs..they are beautiful. You deserve all the prizes you get! I have so many questions I dont know where to start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt "Greek Fossils." It is one of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen! The creation of the design is mind-boggling! Thanks for showing. Dorothy

    ReplyDelete