Sunday 29 August 2010

Only ten years late

I've been tidying up my sewing room and found my Y2K patches. For those of you not into quilting way back then, loads of quilters all over the world swapped out 2½" or 3" packets of different fabrics (called squishies) with other quilters. The aim was to get 2,000 different fabrics to make a quilt to celebrate the millennium. I never got round to using mine, mainly because I like to mull over things. I think this could be my block pattern. It uses 80 different fabrics.
So laid out 5 blocks by 5 blocks gives me 2,000. We all know it's one thing having a plan, it's a whole other thing acting on said plan...
What's ten years or 20 years late in the grand scheme of things?

2 comments:

  1. I love the design---it looks like an awful lot of work......but with your quilting skills it could be amazing. I decided I could not use such small pieces and my Y2K quilt was a Sunbonnet Sue using a few Y2K fabrics

    ReplyDelete