Saturday 12 January 2013

Out with the old.






After much banging and dust, the old kitchen has gone.




I saved a couple of the units as they fitted my Ikea top perfectly for my cutting table.




The Hunt turned up in the car park of our local pub.



Even though it was about 10am, it is traditional for the huntsmen to be given hospitality and they had mulled wine and some sort of ham dish to eat. I was offered some mulled wine as well but I knew it was too cold for me to stay and drink it.
Someone on Facebook wondered about the dark legs of the horses. For non horsey readers, the horses have their long winter coats clipped but the longer hair is left on their legs to offer some protection from the undergrowth. It is much easier to clean up a horse after a day out in the mud if they have been clipped and it allows them to sweat more easily and cool down after the chase. Then a coat is put on so they don't get too cold.

Hunting foxes with dogs has been banned in the UK for cruelty issues. The hunts now follow laid down trails.

1 comment:

  1. your kitchen is going to be smashing...and that you could re-purpose parts of the old one is a plus! Thanks for the great explanation about the horsies..sign me "someone". tee heee

    ReplyDelete