Thursday 8 May 2014

Tiptoe through the bluebells.

I read somewhere this week that we have more than half the bluebell woods in the world. I have no idea if this is true or not, but this year is a vintage year for them.  Frank is still with us and he is enjoying them too.





I have been spending time transplanting into my new raised flower bed. This is what it was like when I had only
a few bags left to go.

And now I have run out of energy but there is only the planting of the annuals left. Each of those bags was a 1/4 of a cubic metre and all the soil/compost had to be redistributed round the garden. Four or five wheel barrow loads per bag, and there were 14 of them. I have awarded myself a medal.








7 comments:

  1. The bluebells are spectacular and your gardens are beautiful. I wish I enjoyed gardening but I really only enjoy looking at them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enjoyable once established, so much work to get it there. Nice to have the ready-made bluebell fields nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre garden is lovely and the pictures of Frank priceless. Having visited England during bluebell season, I can recall their wonderful delicate scent--still have a tiny bit of bluebell cream in a lttle blue jar! Tiptoe in deed-thank you for the lovely tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is lovely and the pictures of Frank priceless. Having visited England during bluebell season, I can recall their wonderful delicate scent--still have a tiny bit of bluebell cream in a lttle blue jar! Tiptoe in deed-thank you for the lovely tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see Frank out and about in the bluebells - some lovely photos there. Well done on the gardening - it will all be worth the effort in a few weeks time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bluebell photos are so good I can almost smell them.....lovely!

    ReplyDelete