Tuesday 4 November 2014

Only 12 left to go.

In truth, I haven't posted because the progress doesn't look so great. I have twelve left of these hexagons to appliqué.
 In truth it has been amazingly boring appliquéing these down. The only variation being the change in thread colour with each little flower.
 And turning it back to cut out the little holes to remove the papers.
 I think this is easier to do one at a time. Even though each paper was held in place by a little bit of glue stick, they pop out quite easily.

Whilst clearing out my studio I came across this little quilt, made when I had less skill and much more time on my hands. What on earth was I thinking? All in Liberty Tana Lawn.

4 comments:

  1. The ring of hexagons looks wonderful - well worth all the work I'm sure! Interesting to see your process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is beautiful. I really like how this quilt looks. Yes, sewing the same thing over and over can be tedious, but the results are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful.
    The pictures interest me. You are cutting out the centers after you applique them down?

    ReplyDelete