Friday 9 January 2015

Some little things make me very happy

And these little scissors are one of them.
 They are Sullivan's Heirloom embroidery scissors. When I get round to cut the trapunto (not 100% certain I am going to trapunto yet, I might do two layers of batting instead) those larger finger grips will save my hands. I  have a different pair with even larger finger holes coming over from the States. They are larger than the stork ones I used to use but still give a lot of control.

And now I have the Di Ford quilt ready to do the next round I can get back to marking this one. This is a half inch grid, I am umming and ahhing about taking that down to a quarter inch grid or not.....

5 comments:

  1. I love my stork scissors. My granddaughter calls them eagle scissors. I have large hands with bent arthritic knuckles and find these are perfect. Sometimes I turn them upside down to get even better control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy watching the process/progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/4" grid!!! I'll be watching................really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is looking beautiful- is the feather design from a template or is it your own design? It's a wonderful counterpoint to the crosshatch and really plays up the rounded shapes in the applique. If I ever actually finish an applique project, I'll be sure to consider a similar approach, lol.

    Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is looking beautiful- is the feather design from a template or is it your own design? It's a wonderful counterpoint to the crosshatch and really plays up the rounded shapes in the applique. If I ever actually finish an applique project, I'll be sure to consider a similar approach, lol.

    Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Jo :)

    ReplyDelete